Aquarius pattern, I created a few weeks ago. I really love creating galaxy-inspired patterns in Photoshop and a year ago I was trying to keep up with creating once a month in the sign of the zodiac sign. This year I’m going to do better!
Aquarius sign: The eleventh sign on the zodiac, Aquarius is all about the future, change, and are visionaries. They love communities of friends, family, and acquaintances. The element associated with Aquarius is Air, and that means the rarefied air of the intellectual. Aquarians will accomplish much with their broad and logical minds, entertaining complex and scientific ideas for the betterment of all. That said, they are also artistic and inventive. It’s all in the spirit of creating a better world, hopefully one in keeping with their broad-minded beliefs. Aquarians believe that their offbeat, original approach will win the day, and that new thought is what is needed to change the world. Those born under this sign are altruistic, humane people who are determined to make a difference. Source here.
I created this pattern in Photoshop in combination with two Photoshop brush sets I created a year ago that I also sell here on my shop and on Creative Market. You can get them here 10 ink blot Photoshop brushes and the 15 Watercolor Stamp Photoshop brushes here.
Also this pattern is available on fun products on my Society6 store, check it out here
Or check it out on my Redbubble Shop!
- First, I figure out a color scheme that I like and generally have one color I want repeated throughout. In this case I chose a royal blue for the background as the vibe and is consistent throughout. I really love mixing pastel colors with bright neon colors, I think it makes for an interesting color scheme.
- Then I usually have a mid-tone color that’s brighter than the background and I adjust the layer effect with changing the opacity to be a little less or even change the blend mode to color dodge or multiply/darken.
- Then I repeat the process with duplicating the layers and moving the shapes around to get an interesting composition.
- Then I add the darker shapes in different areas where I want more contrast, then adding a neon color that would offset the blues, in this case the neon turquoise.
- Then the last thing I add are the white dots for the starts to make it look galaxy like
I’ll be adding another one for Pisces in the next week, stay tuned!
If you like design tutorials like, this please subscribe to my blog below for updates!